Friday, 18 November 2016

My 73 Vogue Questions

I don't like to talk about myself really but when the lovely Katie at Mummy in a tutu put forward the '73 vogue questions' I thought I'd give it a go. What have I got to lose? Except maybe my dignity as I have confessed that I like Cluedo and Scrabble but bugger it. Here goes..
  1. Favourite movie? Definitely 'The Full Monty'
  2. Favourite movie in the past five years? Oh lordy I have no idea. Probably 'Bridesmaids' (that's in the past 5 years right? I still think 2005 was 5 years ago)
  3. Favourite Hitchcock film? The only one I've seen is 'The Birds' and that shit me right up! Don't like it when a seagull is eyeballing me even now.
  4. A book you plan on reading? 'The Highway Code' I've been having driving lessons for a year and a half and still not read it. I intend to very soon. I hope my driving instructor isn't reading this.
  5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you? I can't think of a book I read in school (that's terrible) but I remember in one of the Science books there was a story about a young lad who died from taking one ecstasy pill and that's always stayed with me.
  6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on? The Walking Dead (Daryl Dixon= droooool!)
  7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now? Maybe a 4? I'm a glass half empty person.
  8. iPhone or Android? iPhone. Once you go Apple there's no returning.
  9. Twitter or Instagram? Probably Instagram. Twitter doesn't satisfy my need to be nosey.
  10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?  Ahhh so many talented bloggers! Um... Notaneffingfairytaleblog is HILARIOUS. I love Talya at Motherhoodreal and Catie at An Imperfect Mum has a lovely way of writing and Prab at Absolutely Prabulous nearly made me cry with this blog post
  11. What’s your favourite food? Spaghetti Bolognese, curry, cake, pizza the list is endless. I LOVE food, I literally think about it as much as a bloke thinks about sex. I would eat every minute of the day if I could.
  12. Least favourite food? Cat food (See answer to above question)
  13. What do you love on your pizza? Ham, Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions, Chicken, Meatballs
  14. Favourite drink? Fruit cider, I could drink it like squash
  15. Favourite dessert? Cheesecake/ Chocolate fudge cake
  16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk chocolate. Dark chocolate is not a treat stop kidding yourself.
  17. Coffee or tea? Tea. I love the smell of coffee but cannot drink it
  18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum? The anxiety about keeping your child safe. The incessant whinging.
  19. What’s your favourite band? Blink 182 (before Tom Delonge left)
  20. Favourite solo artist? I love Eva Cassidy and  David Gray
  21. Favourite song? It's a toss-up between 'This Year's Love' by David Gray and The CBeebies bedtime song.
  22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?  The immensely talented Eva Cassidy
  23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? The drums. I'd love to just go absolutely batshit crazy on a drumkit.
  24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? I currently have 3 small ones but would love one on my foot. Too much of a chicken shit.
  25. To be or not to be? Don't do Shakespeare
  26. Dogs or cats? Dogs, Cats freak me out when they do that clawing/stretching thing on your lap and scratch your legs to shit.
  27. Bird-watching or whale-watching? Whale watching. I'm not quite an 80 year old man just yet.
  28. Best gift you’ve ever received? A John Rocha fur coat. I literally feel like I should be in New York in the 1940s when I wear it. That's a pretty good feeling.
  29. Best gift you’ve ever given? I gave my boyfriend a fishing trip to the one place on Earth he's always wanted to fish.
  30. Last gift you gave a friend? One of my welly boot illustrations as a gift for her new home.
  31. What’s your favourite board game? Cluedo as I should have been a detective! I'm pretty good at Scrabble. Monopoly turns me into a raging wealthy property investor intent on destroying everyone around me.
  32. What’s your favourite country to visit? Prague was amazing.
  33. What’s the last country you visited? France (Bonjour mon ami, that's the extent of my French)
  34. What country do you wish to visit? USA (New York)
  35. What’s your favourite colour? Yellow. I don't know why. Or mint green.
  36. Least favourite colour? Brown. Just takes me back to the first year of parenting. So much poo.
  37. Diamonds or pearls? I wouldn't trust myself to wear either.
  38. Heels or flats? Flats. The maximum heel size I can wear is 4 inches. Although I did slip over in flip flops once and landed spread eagle in town so I'm not even confident of my ability to walk in flats.
  39.  Pilates or yoga? Neither. Exercise is Satan's sport.
  40. Jogging or swimming? See above answer
  41. Best way to de-stress? I design cards and prints which seems to keep me pretty sane (ish)
  42. If you had one superpower, what would it be? Invisibility. I would be sneaking around everywhere. Plus I wouldn't have to pay for the bus.
  43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? I don't know about the weirdest but the worst is 'spore'. As in 'mould spore' - makes me shudder!
  44. What’s your favourite flower? Probably Lilies.
  45. When was the last time you cried? I had a toot the other day, I blame coming off the pill after 11 years.
  46. Do you like your handwriting? Nope. I actually envy people's handwriting.
  47. Do you bake? Nooo. I would be the size of the Titanic if I did.
  48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself? I have a very explosive temper if somebody wrongs me and it's got me in trouble a few times.
  49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself? I'm extremely empathetic. Something I always try to encourage my Daughter to be.
  50. Who do you miss most? The carefree, anxiety-free me before having children
  51. What are you listening to right now? 'Turning Page' by Sleeping at Last. His voice is just amazing.
  52. Favourite smell?  Washing powder. Had pika when I was pregnant and sat sniffing boxes of it.
  53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My Mumma
  54. Who was the last person you sent a text to? My friend Haleigh
  55. A sport you wish you could play? Every time the olympics is on I'm insanely jealous of the Bendy Wendys (the gymnasts)
  56. Hair colour? Brunette/ blonde ombre (can't deal with roots)
  57. Eye colour? Blue/ Green
  58. Scary film or happy endings? I used to be a horror fanatic but they make me feel a tad anxious now so happy endings.
  59. Favourite season? I love Winter because of Christmas but conker hunting is the best thing to do with children so Autumn.
  60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with? Peter Kay, Tom Hanks and Heath Ledger
  61. Hugs or kisses? I'm not a hugger but sometimes a hug can catch me offguard and make me feel all lovely and warm my cold black heart.
  62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? The Beatles
  63. Where were you born? Taunton, Somerset. Oo ar oo ar.
  64. What is the farthest you have been from home? I'm shite at Geography. Greece? or Barcelona?
  65. Sweet or savoury? Savoury but I'm partial to a slice of cake every other day.
  66. Lipstick or lip gloss? Lipstick. Lipgloss should be renamed lipstick though as it sticks to pissing everything.
  67. What book have you read again and again? 'Where Rainbows End' by Cecelia Aherne
  68. Favourite bedtime story? If it's reading to my child probably 'Get into Bed' but I used to love the 'Sophie' books by Dick King Smith as a youngun.
  69. What would be the title of your autobiography? 'I don't like to talk about myself'
  70. Favourite sound? My Daughter belly-laughing.
  71. Favourite animal? Orangutan
  72. Who is your girl crush? Poussey in Orange is the new black. Don't know why she just has 'something'
  73. Last photograph you took? 
    I tried to make people feel sorry for me about the insane amount of work I came back to after one day off but I don't think it worked.
So there you have it. It wasn't that bad actually aside from reliving the flip-flop incident. I'm off to eat some cake and sniff a box of washing powder now...

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment